Friday afternoon I picked the kids up an hour early from school, and we headed Northeast. We got to Aunt Kiki's house with plenty of sunlight to still ride scooters and hang out. There was plenty of time for that yesterday as well, because this wasn't a race weekend (which is usually why we get together this time of year), but this was to celebrate Uncle Brent birthday!
CA and I started our morning with a nice 8 mile run, but I'm pretty sure that was blown with breakfast tacos, fresh pimento cheese, bread dipped in basalmic vinegar and olive oil, fresh pesto, sandwiches, chili, frito pies, wine, margaritas, craft beer.....and cake!!! We know how to do one thing very well, feed our faces!
It was so good to be together for Brent's birthday, which actually was yesterday! Thanks to CA & Jason for hosting, we had a wonderful visit, but way too short, as usual.
And one more extra special happy birthday wish to Brent, my brother, my friend. I love you, and I love sharing my birthday with you, my 2nd birthday was the only one you really ruined :). Since then, it's been my pleasure sharing a special day (even if they are 4 days apart) with you.
Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think....